How To Ask Someone Out
1. Say “Hello.” Confidence is key!
2. Relax. They’re human too.
3. Ask in person. (Or Pick. Up. The. Phone.)
4. Be clear. “Date” doesn’t have to be a four-letter word.
6. Say when and where. (Know in advance.)
- Ask to “hang out.”
- Just text.
- Be vague.
How to Treat Your Date Right
7. Be Punctual.
8. Put the phone away!
9. Ask questions. Be interested, not nosey.
11. Pay a genuine compliment.
12. Be considerate. Courtesy is not chauvinistic.
13. Offer to pay. Do pay if you did the inviting.
14. Walk next to your date.
- Make presumptions.
- Expect to spend the night.
- Be creepy.
How to Win at a First Date
15. Be spontaneous. (Planning spontaneity is okay.)
16. Remember to laugh (but not too loudly).
17. Keep it short and sweet.
18. Leave your date wanting more.
19. Keep expectations realistic.
20. Remember it’s okay to seem interested.
21. It’s just a date. Have fun.
- Make your date do all the work.
- Feelings gush.
- Steal the blue french horn.
How to Pick a Great First Date Spot
22. Keep it casual.
23. Think fro you, not filet mignon.
24. Go somewhere you can talk.
25. Pick a comfortable environment…
26. …for both of you.
27. Go off campus.
28. Skip the usual hangouts.
- Break the bank.
- Go someplace isolated. (Just. Too. Awkward.)
- Try to lasso the moon (yet!).